Monday 25 February 2013

building the basic wardrobe | shoes

I apologise for the week-long hiatus from my blog. Life has certainly gotten busy for the past week. My four month break is soon going to end and I am going to be starting my first semester as a communications student (and I'm a nervous wreck). Enough about my woes of beginning university, this post we are continuing the series of how to build the basic wardrobe. In this instalment, we are discussing shoes! Our preferences in shoes may vary amongst us but I have rounded up my basic set of shoes essential for my wardrobe. Read more after the jump.
My preferences in shoes is definitely determined by my lifestyle. What I have found in the past week of wondering around campus is that there will be a great deal of walking to be done. It is because of this that I am going to have to find comfortable shoes to walk around in and provide enough support - i.e. flat shoes. That is why this pair is absolutely perfect for me. They are sturdy, quite comfortable and pretty much go with everything. I am even quite tempted to get the pair in brown and nude as well. However, just because I feel most comfortable walking around in flats doesn't mean I discount the odd heeled shoe. Personally, I prefer boots with a thicker heel. It makes it so much more easier and comfortable to walk in and sometimes run in (especially when I am running late for my train!). 

I don't think I need to repeat this but a pair of good quality nude and black heels are a must. I believe that the best pair of nude and black heels you can afford can definitely last you a lifetime. They can complete the outfit and can virtually go with everything. On the other side of the spectrum, we have the classic Converse Chuck Taylors. These are definitely great for casual outfits where you are running errands or going to a theme park.

Shoes are definitely one of those things (along with bags) that us girls tend to collect excessively. So much that we can get lost in what we have (or don't have) in our collections. Hopefully this post helped you in curating your basic shoe collection. You can also see other posts from this series here. What is your favourite basic shoe out of your collection? 


2 comments:

  1. nice collection, pretty well rounded footwear choices. and good luck with school.

    xVisa
    http://1finedai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comments - they are always greatly appreciated. Also, thank you for the well wishes about school :)

      Delete