Thursday 29 November 2012

review | chanel vitalumiere aqua foundation

best ever: chanel vitalumiere aqua foundation in b30

My year 12 formal happened quite recently and since I did not own a foundation, it was about time to get something new. The foundation is described as "Its soft and evanescent ultra-fine fluid texture is a real surprise. Although it is exceptionally delicate and light, an incomparable "second-skin" perfecting result is achieved. The complexion appears amazingly even, fresh and energised. The skin glows with seemingly nude beauty. As if glowing from within. Bathed in light..." For a long time now, there was a lot of hype for the Chanel vitalumiere aqua foundation so I thought I would visit the Chanel beauty and fragrance boutique at The Star just to test it out for myself. I wanted something that was light, didn't look cakey and suitable for my oily skin. For me, this definitely lived up to the hype.
packaging: nozzle instead of the standard pump

The packaging is certainly different in comparison to the other Chanel foundations. Much like the foundation, the packaging is small and lightweight. However, some people may be disappointed with the packaging since it isn't substantial and luxurious, especially for the price but it would make travelling a breeze due to its small stature. This particular foundation comes with a nozzle instead of the standard pump, but personally I didn't find the dispensing of the product difficult.
swatch: chanel vitalumiere aqua foundation in b30

The formula is water-based and spreads quite well on the skin but in terms of staying power, it is not the best. At best, it would last 7 hours with touch ups but for those with drier/normal skin, it shouldn't be a problem. For those with oilier skin types, I would suggest that you prime and powder. Since this formula is very water-based, you would definitely have to shake up the bottle since the foundation does separate, but other than that it shouldn't be a problem. One other thing that should be taken into consideration is that it does have a noticeable fragrance to it. Although this wasn't a deal breaker for me (as a matter of fact, I actually like it), those who do have extremely sensitive skin or just simply hate fragrance should proceed with caution. 

All in all, I would definitely repurchase this foundation and would be great for everyday wear, especially in the Australian summer. This foundation retails for AUD $77 and is sold at Chanel counters and stand alone Chanel beauty and fragrance boutiques.


4 comments:

  1. I need to get a new foundation for my skin and I was thinking about getting this one. Despite the price, I think it's worth to try. Thanks for your review!Great blog!

    xoxo
    Maria C
    http://shoesandgloss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria! The foundation might be cheaper where you live because here inn Australia, the prices for cosmetics are notoriously expensive in comparison to other countries :)

      Delete
  2. You are right, I once tried this foundation but it really doesn't stay on my oily skin without primer and powder.

    :)
    x Angie

    ReplyDelete